Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Recent Happenings

So school has been going well, I'm enjoying my 3 on-campus classes (sculpture, photoshop, and english (shock!), I hate my online classes (thank goodness that one is over already!!). Work is a way to make money, and that is all I'm saying about that! I turned my first English paper in on the 24th, and I think I did pretty well on it. In sculpture the advanced students have been working on making realistic models of our own heads out of clay so that we can cover them in latex and cheese cloth to make a mold so we can due casts and then there can be like 50 of my heads floating randomly around ridgecrest (plaster, cement, and resin are things we can use to cast the mold)!! After I get the head finished (which I have rather been hating it until just last week when I put the hair on) then I can work on my fence panel (yay!! ^^) and hopefully get that finished this semester so that I can come up with some exciting new thing to work on for spring semester! Nothing really exciting is happening so...that is all.....

I'll put some pictures of my clay head up soon, and post pics as I do the latex/cheese cloth process.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really interesting. It's so cool that you can do such creative things like that. I really admire that you have that gift :)

    ReplyDelete